Friday, July 4, 2008

Oops it has been a long time.

Well go figure, life got the best of me. How does one keep up with everything. I sure can't. I finally feel like something is caught up and then find that I'm now behind in 10 other things. Blah.

So a little update on me. It's not good and I'm pissed. I quit smoking back in October. October 3rd to be exact. Expected to gain some weight. But not 30 lbs and to top it off that has set off my diabetes. So now I am on insulin to try to get the numbers down. My family Dr figures that because I smoked for so long, and I have a family history of obesity, the quiting was enough to trigger my massive weight gain. So between insulin and now really trying to watch what I eat hopefully I will lose some weight. I hate this.

Now on to Kenny. We had a meeting in Arthur Childcare a couple of weeks ago (June 20) with almost everyone involved with his case. It was a very productive meeting and both Hubby and I are happy with what everyone is doing. My little man has so many people that really give a shit about him, and it shows. We have the Daycare staff including Mindy and his favourite teacher, Sarah. Then there is Lydia, who has observed and recommended and referred and is still working with trying to get him in full subsidy. Now we have Monica to come to our home and help with routines, sleep issues, handling temper tantrums and find help within the community we live in. And a new lady, Dawn, who has been up twice to observe Kenny and is going to work with him for Occupational Therapy relating to fine motor skills.

Not that you noticed but I left and now I'm back. How's that for quick eh. Bet you didn't even notice. Well go figure. What we had been trying to do to alleviate some stress on me isn't going to work. Damn it to hell. I should have figured that. It's going to be a long summer. We were trying to get both Kenny and Maddy into the Daycare under subsidy. As it turns out, we make way too much money (pardon the snorting in my diet Coke) and they no longer take medical reasons, even for short term. It was worth a shot I guess, but still disappointing.

One good thing that has happened is we finally have both kids in swimming lessons. Maddy can go in on her own. There are only two in her class so very easy on the teacher. Kenny is in Turtle which is for getting kids used to the water. Not a problem for him. He was jumping in like a pro, amazing even the seasoned teacher. Guess I should have done this much sooner.

Nothing else I can think of right now. Canada Day was spent at Conestogo Lake Conservation Area for swimming and a picnic, then down to MIL's for dinner. We bought a season's pass for all of Grand River Conservation Areas (there are 12 total parks) and we hope to get to all of them this summer. Lots of trails, swimming, camping..... Hopefully we will utilize it to the fullest.

Have a good one all. Hopefully see you sooner!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
Married Mom of 3. Just trying to survive with the many challenges.