Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh boy.

Does anyone want to tell me why children, especially mine, seem to choose puking in the car a popular choice? Projectile at that. How so much can come out of one little mouth and go so far with so much force, I'll never know.

The Civic was the lucky recipient of Kenny's barf yesterday. His car seat, him, the seat, the floor, the back of the passenger seat. Fortunately no one was in the car with us. I was on the way down to the walk in clinic connected to his Dr but barely made it 5 minutes outside of home when he spewed. No way I could take the smell for another 20 minutes and had nothing with me to clean it up so we turned around and came home. Yuck is an understatement.

The daycare was the first to spot a problem. He was playing outside and just stopped running and laid down on the grass, got very pale, started shaking and was demanding water. They brought him inside and called me. By the time I got there, most of his colour had returned, and he had some energy back. But that disappeared fast. He got home and made it to the couch and stayed there for the afternoon. So not like Kenny.

Got him and his sister ready to go to the clinic, started driving and well, let the upchuck festival begin. He hasn't done anything since and is now happily playing with his sister. He's not up to the usual Kenny energy level, but is more active than yesterday, so I'm taking this as a sign that he is getting better. Hopefully he will sleep tonight, unlike last night (or should I say very early this morning). I think 3:30am is a little early for me to be rising. Especially when I just got to bed at midnight. Aargh I need a nap.

Now for something completely different. When I get the new garden weeded and get some kind of mulch down, along with the plastic border I will take pictures of the new and improved front yard. We have grass now (as patchy as it is) and of course the grass seed flowed into the garden and has sprouted there, where I don't want it. So now I get to try to get the grass out of the perennial garden, without harming the new plants that actually do belong. Fun stuff. I might try to replant some of the different kinds of flowers that I think should be moved. Being the fussy bee with an itch of course.

As for my veggie garden, if the Black Walnut tree doesn't kill everything we will have a good harvest of squash, zucchini, tomatoes, pumpkin and maybe potatoes. I'm not holding my breath for the carrots, they're not looking so hot. All well, next year I won't plant those next yr. Maybe something like lettuce or peas.

I should be outside right now with the kids. It's beautiful out. Not hot, no humidity, lots of sunshine. Hmmm, there's a plan. Kenny can take his trains outside and play there, Maddy can play in the wading pool, and I can pull weeds. Yippee! At least it's something right? Right? Bye!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
Married Mom of 3. Just trying to survive with the many challenges.