Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Things are starting to roll on getting Kenny a diagnosis and the help and therapy that comes with it. The forms are signed and in. All requests have been discussed and completed. There is nothing else for us to do except wait for the phone to start ringing and the appointments are made.

I had a meeting with Lidia yesterday (Trellis) and we spent the morning with her telling me all the different people and what services they offer. Of course there are waiting lists, although I'm not sure how long they are. She mentioned that we won't be hearing from the Dr in MacMaster Hospital in Hamilton for at least 2 months. Meanwhile she is hoping that we can possibly get him into some kind of occupational therapy to help with socialization. His fine motor skills need alot of help also.

He is tough to deal with, I'll tell ya! Water seems to be his thing right now. We are having a hell of a time keeping him away from the sinks/tub. He wants to wash everything he can, toys, dolls, food, pretty much everything except himself. I'm really surprised that he hasn't started a flood yet. Course I've probably just jinxed myself. Now fortunately with old houses there is no insulation between the upper floor and main floor so I can hear where he/they are and react fairly quickly. And of course, as is with all children, silence is not golden.

As for sleeping, he was doing great. Was being the operative word in that last sentence. Although maybe last night was just a now rare occasion. He got me up at 4 this morning. I tried until 5:15 to get him back to sleep with no luck. This will mean I'm in for one very long grumpy day, and that's not even him I'm talkin' about! ;)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
Married Mom of 3. Just trying to survive with the many challenges.