Monday, March 3, 2008

What can I say, Kenny has more energy than most 3 yr olds! He has been bouncing off the walls lately and we aren't sure why. He is finally asleep now, or at least it is quiet upstairs. I'm really hoping that he is asleep.

He had a rough day today. I got him up to school with no problems, which has been unusual lately, and except for the extra energy he seemed fine. When I picked him up, found out that he had hit one of the other kids for tripping on his train track and moving it. No blood or bruising thank goodness but damn, this was the first time he has done anything like this at the daycare. They haven't seen the violent hitting/biting/pinching/kicking etc before.

So just add that to the list. I guess the one good thing is we have already started the process on getting him help.

Subsidy doesn't seem possible right now. Amazingly enough it looks like hubby makes too much money for us to qualify. Now that is a first! But I've been told that *if* Kenny gets the autistic diagnosis we might be able to get money for treatment that might not be covered. I'm not sure how true that is but I am sure that we will be finding out alot of new stuff we never knew.

I'm still finding it funny (not funny ha ha, but funny ironic) that 18 yrs ago, I had to fight tooth and nail to get big sis the help she needed. But between the waiting lists and the mis-understood info it was difficult to say the least. Now we are being offered the help and assistance before even getting a diagnosis. My how times have changed eh. I'm just happy that most (if not all) of the therapy Kenny might need will be covered by OHIP. Such a relief to not have to worry about co-pays or being denied.

I will say, as selfish as it may be, that I wish I didn't have to worry about any of this at all.

Oh and totally off topic, I was totally saddened after hearing that Jeff Healey had died from cancer. What a loss to the music industry. Condolences to the family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AJ is super hyper too. We actually made a few changes in his extremely limited diet and noticed a change. We no longer give him cows milk, he gets soy milk and he's calmed down a lot (but still off the charts hyper if you kwim.)

Research the casen/glutten free diets and see if any of those changes make a difference in Timmy.

About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
Married Mom of 3. Just trying to survive with the many challenges.